Re: Enough Already!! and more

Hello Jody,

I think any of the loop machines are fine with vocals, i.e. Echoplex,
Jamman (you'll have to look for one of these used), Boomerang etc. These
are of course "only" loopers, if you want to do any sound-mangling
you'll need additional effects.

An interesting alternative for vocals might also be the DL8000 from Korg
with a somewhat limited max. looping duration, but with great modulation
effects etc. It's been discussed here recently, you can check the
archives for more information. Or just get yourself an Echoplex together
with a multieffects unit if your pocketbook is feeling particularly
generous.

Interesting comments concerning Christine Bard. I also play drums and
percussion with heavy use of loops, FX, contact mics (also on cymbals -
these sound great when down-pitched and/or delayed) etc. I saw her a few
years back here in Berlin with Marc Ribot where she was just beginning
to use looping and other effects. So she's doing solo gigs now? What did
it sound like - was it more textural-based looping or was she also doing
rhythm-sync'ed stuff? I'd love to hear more about her current setup. If
you could, please tell us more.

Thanks,
rob
-the man cable-