Re: Looping Catching on?

>"I have had so much fun playing the past few weeks with my Sustainiac
>model
>B!! "
>

>What is a SUSTAINIAC Model B?

It's the "original", from how I understand it- and Alan Hoover might be
able to explain it better than I do!  It has a transducer that you put on
the back of the headstock, which means that those with a Klein or
Steinberger might not get a lot of use out of it.

The output from your guitar plugs into the floor unit, which has knobs for
the transducer power level, harmonic enhance, and auto-sense, which adjusts
the time before the note starts feeding back.

I've heard some folks talk down the Sustainiac because it has the
transducer and a cable on your headstock, and that makes things a little
awkward while playing live.  However, it's been quite a while since I've
leapt and slid around on stage, so it works fine for me! The plus side to
this unit is that, from a looping standpoint, you can really add an element
of "controlled randomness" (how's THAT for an oxymoron?!?) to your loops- a
note feeds back, and then slowly shifts up a third, or an octave.  And the
sounds can be QUITE different from a standard e-bow.  Not to mention that
you can use any of your guitar's pick-ups and still get sustain/feedback-
from my experience, having an on-board sustainer eliminates a pick-up
choice while using the sustaining effect.

Back to the Indiana snow......ughh....

Jeff