Sad but true

>What do all you loopers think? What's the best way to be true to the
music
>and to let looping continue to evolve into an instrument in its own
right,
>while at the same time to remain aware of the economic realities
involved
>with presenting looping to the larger general-business, AOR
>top-forty-weaned listening public? How do we make this "fad" which is
>already legit to us appeal to John and Jane Doe without pandering to
>commerciality? Any thoughts on this?
>
>Tim Nelson

Recently, I have been convinced of a harsh reality of life. I had always
suspected that people in general  don't like to think. After 3 years in
the Video rental business, I am absolutely convinced of it! Everyday I
see what the "averages" are choosing for entertainment and it is not
pretty folks. It would seem that education and entertainment  cannot
occupy the same space. As soon as these folks think they are being
educated, it's all over.  Maybe it is a consequence of public schooling
I don't know, but to tie this to looping, a new experience is almost
always a learning one and in addition I tend to see loops as a thought,
even ones that seem spontaneous at the time frequently tie into a idea
lingering in the head. Looping, for most people, is a new experience.
Which, at least for awhile yet, seals its fate. Besides, I have grown to
be suspicous of anything that attains Godlike status in the popular
culture. I find that most of these things seem to be about selling you
something anyway. I could go on but I will spare you all my neurosis.
Just an opinion.......  -Dennis
"Suicide is a very dangerous thing" -Pat Robertson