Re: Looping Catching on?

>What do all you loopers think? What's the best way to be true to the music
>and to let looping continue to evolve into an instrument in its own right,
>while at the same time to remain aware of the economic realities involved
>with presenting looping to the larger general-business, AOR
>top-forty-weaned listening public? How do we make this "fad" which is
>already legit to us appeal to John and Jane Doe without pandering to
>commerciality? Any thoughts on this?

I think ACID will help, especially if it is marketed as a musical game (fun
for the whole family) accessible to people you believe that music is best
left to PROfeshunals (thank you very much). If hoi poloi can be enticed to
make their own loops that sound good (and have a grand time), their ears
will open to loops as legitimate music (mostly because familiarity will
accommodate this). Other interactive music tools like KOAN could also help
the general malaise that music (art, science) is exclusive provence of
professionals.

All IMHO, natch. Hasta -> Rico