Re: David Torn Interview(finally!)

      PJ,                                                          1/7
      Yeah, I thought it was interesting as well that Adrian mentioned
looping
      so prominently in his as well. Although, I think that DT is right
about
      looping not catching on yet. I almost have the feeling that people
see
it
      as a fad of sorts. You tell people "sampling" and they almost
automat-
      ically think of rap records and those obnoxious 80's Fairlight
samples.
      Since I come from a pretty much rock guitar background, it's taken me
      a while to realize the (smallest fraction of) potential of looping
units
and
      looping as a genuine means of musical expression. So I'm trying to
incor-
      porate both the mondo chunk distortion and screaming guitar I love
so
      much with the effects and looping capability I'm interested in as my
next
      "project", but still trying to keep that "organic" (for lack of a
better
term)
      thing happening. I'm sure you already have it, but have you heard Gtr
Oblq
      yet? Very cool indeed. I just wish they'd make it out to the west
coast.
      Well, thanks for the reply and best wishes for a great New Year!
                                             Sincerely,
                                           Chris Olden