RE: DL/AM-8000 vs Vortex?

The vortex is unique.  It's a little odd. Stereo shows the best side of the
device.  No midi at all.  Smooth hi-quality sounding stuff.   It has
multi-tap (2) capabilities, and good panning, trem., vibrato, resonator
effects.  There are 16 or so parameters to modify.  There are 32 User
defined sound areas (16A + 16B).  Two second looping capbility if you set
things a certtain way.  These are plenty for me when compbined w/other
effects....  The manual is pretty good at walking you around a unique and
different device.  Uses a wall-wart for power

The Korgs have extensive midi control.  Stereo would show the best side of
these effects too.  Manuals are short and could be much more helpful.  They
use an odd wall-wart (to my limited experience) -- where the "wart" is in
the middle of a longer power chord.  Good quality sounds too.

AM - this is the one with the wider range of shape shifting effects I think
(i don't have it, but this is what I've picked up...)  Modulators, panning
trem / vibrato, distortions.  Also has reverbs.  Seems to have lots of
parameters to tweek.  More wacky sounds (I'm guessing!).

DL - this is the one with 10 secons mono -- or  4.8 seconds stereo looping.
I have this just recently.  Multi-tap capabilities (three per side L-R).
Lots of patterns to the taps.  Panning Chorus, flange, trem / vibrato.
Lots
of parameters to tweek.  More of a "Delay." Delays can be synced with
incoming signals.  Would be way cool for keys and sequencers I think -- to
really screw around w/tempos.

Hope that helps.

dk