Re: Digital recording

-----Original Message-----
From: Crossedout@aol.com <Crossedout@aol.com>

><< I have heard that you can only make 7 copies of a mini-disc master (to
> prevent bootlegging), and I think I heard the same about CD burners.
> This would kill my plan for making a master demo and copying it to
> cassettes. >>
>

>Not really, I think that applies to copying from disc to disc to disc,
rather
>than from a disc to cassette. I don't know about minidiscs, I know that
some
>AUDIO-ONLY cd burners have some of this bullshit intwined in them, that's
why
>I've given up plans to buy one... the computer cd burners, at least mine,
have
>no such limits... I have burned copies of discs, then run off copies for
other
>people without running into copy-protect snags.

'morning all,
It's also worth bearing in mind that some brands of PC CD burners have a
short run-life. HP burners, apparently, have a counter inside them which
registers how many CDs you have made, regardless of what they are. Once the
counter reaches 1000 the burner feels perfectly within its rights to start
irreparably malfunctioning.
Pete.