Re: acid

> >Fellow Loopers,
> >Do any of you use the acid software?  How do you like it?
> I believe I tried it last year some time and it made my system crash. Can
> you direct me to a reliable version?

I use Acid Music and cannot reccomend it enough. It cost less than $70
at my local computer store (list is $99) and is rock solid on my measley
P166. There are various versions which have been discussed here before
but IMO Acid Music is the one to get as it has unlimited tracks and as
far as I can tell all the features of the original Acid 1.0. The Full
version now has some extra whistles and bells (DSP stuff which requires
a lot more firepower in your PC) and lists at $399.00 and the mini
versions (Acid Rock and Acid Techno) are limited in tracks and
functionality and cost $49 List. For the extra few bucks getting ACID
music really made sense for me.

As a piece of software it's incredibly intuitive. I generally use it for
noise collage stuff or remixes of other tracks but there's no reason it
couldn't be used for a composition from start to finish. Of course they
give you 100s of prerecorded loops which aren't that original but
there's some good fodder even in those and you can always import your
own loops and do whatever you want with them.

I usually don't speak up for software but in this case Acid Music hit it
right on the head with the right combination of powerful software than
encourages creativity rather than limits it with esoteric functionality
or an annoying interface and the price point is dead on.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.