Re: speaker question again

Edwin Hurwitz wrote:

> >My problem is that it takes me several weeks to learn these
>shortcomings....

The dreaded Sam Ass has that convenient 30-return policy.  Take advantage
of it.
Those Walmart bastards certainly have it coming to them.

My own recomendation would be towards unpowered JBL's.  I have heard a
bunch of
them (though not recently) and anything other than their cheapest speakers
sound
very musical to me.

Take that with some salt (more than a few grains, I would recomend),
because I do
the first 85% of my mixing through a pair of Sony 7604 (?) headphones.
Most are
horrified when I tell them this, but no one has ever complained about my
mixing.

Always listen to the final mix in at least three different car stereos
before
making a cd.  I'm not the first to have said it, certainly, nor will I (I
suspect)
be the last, but I believe more than most.

tdb2

--
Report: Many Rappers May Suffer From Unrealistically High Self-Images

WASHINGTON, DC--According to an American Psychological Association report
released Tuesday, a large percentage of U.S. rappers may suffer from
unrealistically high self-images, placing them at risk of a host of
emotional
and interpersonal problems.

      The study--which examined the attitudes and self-perceptions of
over 600 MCs in hoods across the U.S., including Illtown, H-Town,
Strong Island, the Brooklyn Zoo, Harlem World and Long
Beach--found that nearly 95 percent of those surveyed suffered from a
distorted sense of their own prowess, particularly with regard to
wealth, sexual potency and influence over their peers.

      "While personal confidence is a vital aspect of building a healthy
self-image, an exaggerated sense of self can lead to trouble," APA
study head Dr. Judith Danziger said. "The overconfidence these
rappers display can have a wide range of negative consequences, from
humiliating defeat at the hands of a superior MC to getting a cap placed
in one's ass."

for the whole article go to:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3415/rappers_suffer.html