RE: speaker question again

Rev. Doubt-Goat, dgoat@rocketmail.com wrote:

>Call me naive, but I use my sony 2-way speakers for
>general usage and a combo of the sonys, Senheiser
>headphones and a variety of cheapo boomboxes for
>final mix comparisons. Seems to work well for a home
>studio situation.

     Using cheapo boomboxes and various types of cheapo
     car speakers to CHECK a mix certainly makes infinitely
     more sense than using Yamaha NS10s.

     I have never understood the logic that states that
     if they check well on NS10s they will work on a boom
     box, or in someones cheapo car system ...

     (I still believe what I read on rec.audio.pro written
     by Richard D. Pierce [you could do a DejaNews search
     dpierce@world.std.com] who is quite an authority
     on loudspeaker design.  He mentioned that the way that
     the Yamahas have achieved such a universal presence
     in the studio world is because they were given away
     early on...they have no other quality that achieved
     such presence other than they were free.