RE: speaker question again

I am a recording engineer by profession, and I use NS-10s alot. Most
working engineers do. The answer to the question of whether or not they are
good speakers is a bit complicated. Much the way that a dental hygenist
will clean
your teeth with pure flouride, I wouldn't think that you would like
brushing at home with it.
NS-10s tell me things about my mixes that other speakers don't. I have
visited many studios where someone claims that NS-10s are 'really crappy
sounding speakers', and prefer to use genelecs. To demonstrate, they play
one of their mixes on the Genelecs and then switch to the NS-10s pointing
out how bad the 'speakers' sound. If I get a mix happening on the NS-10's
and then switch to the genelecs, these same people will be amazed at how
much better their 'speakers' sound. NS 10's are a tool for me. I like them.
YMMV

-Chuck Zwicky