Re: Gibson and Oberheim

At 03:07 AM 1/3/99 -0500, kflint@annihilist.com wrote:
>The Echoplex is still in production, exactly the same as it has been for
>quite some time, and still available from Gibson Dealers.

couple things:
as an opcode employee (opcode is now a division of gibson), i was able to
do an internal-direct-purchase of my EDP upgrade to v5.0. the gibson
guy (keith paul) asked me to write my check to "Electar Labs".
this confirms both the new name of the division, and that they are still
actively supporting the EDP...

when i also asked keith about the oberheim matrix-1000, he said it is
now officially out of production.  (bummer!)

so all here should be happy that the EDP is still being manufactured
and supported!   and all those who own matrix-1000's can now watch them
start to go up in value a bit 8^)

-john

john s cooper                     opcode systems, inc
http://www.planetz.com          http://www.opcode.com