Re: Jamman noise, was Re: Help finding pedals

>93
>
>---dan sumner <permadan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> hey,
>> I use the Jamman and love it.  I find it to be
>noisy in the studio
>> though.
>
>I've found the Jamman to be extremely quiet, though
>the delay settings have a higher noise floor than the
>loop settings. The problem you may be experiencing
>could be due to an overloaded and noisy signal path
>*to* the jamman - which then loops and layers not
>only the *musical* content, but also any *noise*
>coming into it.
>
>Gain structure is always something of which to be
>aware. Also, I've found that most noise that you hear
>in a recording situation tends to disappear in the
>final mix.

hmmm, these sorts of noise things are tricky. Sometimes it's setting gains
properly, or wiring problems, or whatever. But often it's just subjective.
What a meticulous recording engineer thinks is noisy through his Neve
console and Genelecs may not be a problem for a guitarist who normally
plays a strat in a cranked marshall with a six pack handy. It's always
dependent on the context, and YMMV.

kim