Jamman noise, was Re: Help finding pedals

93

---dan sumner <permadan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hey,
> I use the Jamman and love it.  I find it to be
noisy in the studio
> though.

I've found the Jamman to be extremely quiet, though
the delay settings have a higher noise floor than the
loop settings. The problem you may be experiencing
could be due to an overloaded and noisy signal path
*to* the jamman - which then loops and layers not
only the *musical* content, but also any *noise*
coming into it.

Gain structure is always something of which to be
aware. Also, I've found that most noise that you hear
in a recording situation tends to disappear in the
final mix.

93
Rev. Doubt-GOat
===