Gibson and Oberheim

Hi Kim and listers,

IMO, it is not without reason that list members are skeptical about
Gibson's commitment to deliver Oberheim products.

FWIW --

I recently acquired an Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro which I am quite happy
with. As a result of this experience, I was motivated to look into other
Oberheim products.

But when I followed instructions at Oberhiem's web site, to "Just email
cayers@gibson.com with your request for a catalog and reprint", I received
the following message from my postmaster:

>A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
>The
>following address(es) failed:
>
>  cayers@gibson.com:
>    unknown local-part "cayers" in domain "gibson.com"

This by no means indicates some kind of catastrophic marketing failure on
Gibson's part -- it's probably just carelessness. However, it is certainly
not confidence inspiring -- especially when it occurs while we are hearing
reports that, based on their past experience, a number of reputable music
dealers are unwilling to order Oberheim products.

Regards to all and best wishes for the New Year,

Howard

Howard Harawitz      howard@brooknorth.com
Brooklyn North Software Works Inc.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada