Noisy 'Rang? (off "help finding pedals")

Hi y'all,

In one reply in the "help finding pedals" thread, I noticed the comment
from PJ that the Boomerang Phrase Sampler is too noisy. Personally,
I've never really noticed much background noise from my 'Rang, which
I've owned since April '98 - indeed, I'm usually more worried about the
noise from my Zoom 4040 multi-FX!

IMHO, the 'Rang makes a great addition to a looping musician's setup,
particularly as there aren't really any comparable units in its price
range (now the JamMan isn't on Lexicon's books). I'm using it to record
a CD of solo guitar/electronics improvisations, for release through
MP3.com (within the next few months, hopefully); feel free to check out
the sample tracks on my MP3.com page, many of which are based round
'Rang loops.

Forgive the shameless plug for the MP3s, and I hope I've managed to
balance the Boomerang argument a bit :-)

Happy New Year to all LD'ers!
Tim.
  tawalker@dircon.co.uk - www.users.dircon.co.uk/~tawalker/
          Visit Tim's NEW recordings page at MP3.com: