Re: cgdaeg tuning

>I was just wondering since aparently there are other players tuning
>to fifths and tuning a high E string to G if there is a string size
>that wont break as easily to tune up to G.

A standard 0.09" should take a G tuning but if they are breaking try a
0.08" or a 0.085 if you can find one. You get a tradeoff between tension
and strength but it should work ok. Bear in mind that Fripp uses a Gibson
scale length guitar (24 3/4") so if you use Fender scale (25 1/2") the
string tension will be greater you will be more likely to break strings.

Martin Shellard