Re:Getting Started

        Dear Listers,
12/8
        I've been playing guitar for quite a while but recently have
decided
to look
        into looping as a compostional tool and as a performance tool. I
already
        have a fairly decent guitar rig, but would like to know if there
are
any must
        haves for the beginning looping guitarist. I've got a decent
budget to
work
        with, so I was wondering if there is a "do it all machine" like the
Eventide
        series of boxes, or would I be better off going with several
different
units
        such as 2 Oberheim Echoplexes, a Rocktron Intellipitch etc.
        Performance is the area I'm most interested in so that would be my
main
        consideration, ease of use during performance, roadworthiness, and
so
on.
        However, entertaining myself and my neighbors is also a possibilty,
where
        tap dancing on pedals is not a big problem.
        Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!
                                             Thanks!
                                           Sincerely,
                                         Chris Olden
                                        trisstine@aol.com