Re: low-budget reverb rec(spot the loop content)

><< Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced
> reverb unit suitable for live mix? Is the Alesis Nanoverb
> any use for this application?
> I just need something cheap and cheerful to brighten up the
> (mainly vocal) mix off a 16 channel deck. I might be tempted to
> a Lexicon MPX100 (for subsequent use with loopy guitar) but
> only if I can get one for below #200. >>
>
>MPX100 , very worth it, uses same sounds as a costly MPX1.
>............and a 2.5s looper(allows you to play without adding to the
>loop).

I have a MPX100, and it's got some terrific reverbs. I'm just finishing a
CD for a local pop band, and while I'd normally rent a PCM-80 or -90 for
the final mixes, on this project, because of cost, I just used the MPX.
Sounded great. Every preset on the box sounds good, unlike Alesis or Zoom
or other similarly-priced boxes that may have 1-2 great sounds and the rest
crap. I think I paid $229 for mine, which is slightly above your price
range, but it's really worth it.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra