WANTED: MIDI-Visual Basic connection

Hi to all!
I am looking to write some MIDI stuff in Visual Basic 5.0.
I have searched the help and www - can only find Multi-Media player
control, which does not let me get to the real midi data stream.

I need a custom control (like the MSComm control) that lets me talk
to/from
MIDI devices already registered into the Win95 environment.
(like my MusicQuest 8-port-SE or soundblaster MIDI port.)
Any leads?
Thanks.
PS - any interested V.B. hackers out there want to talk MIDI code?  email
me!
Chuck Joy - crs@usa.net