Re: Dual EDP config.

kim:
>nope, he had it right, "echoplicis".  Dan Howarth provided us this
>education over two years ago:
>
>At 12:23 AM -0800 10/4/96, Dan Howarth wrote:
>>well, well... i think the word we're looking for here is 'echoplicis' -
>>from '-plex,-plicis'- it's a suffix usually formed from numeric words;
>>more or less like saying '-fold' as in 'hundred-fold'.

The only similar word that pops into my head
is the word "simplex" (from mathematics), whose
plural is "simplices", at least in the mathematics
community.  (www.m-w.com offers "simplexes",
"simplices", or "simplicia"--but no "simplicis".)

The only terms of the form Dan Howarth described
that I can find in a dictionary are "duplex",
"triplex", and "multiplex", but m-w is silent
on the possibility of plurals.

I hope this doesn't perplex!