Re: Bass loopage

I also play something similar with my bass and my Boomerang.  There are a
bunch of different tricks I've used.  I like doing a low loop, dropping
the speed to half (to drop everything down) and then solo on top of it.  I
do the same in reverse also (record at half speed and then speed it up).
I also like to switch instruments.  I'll drop something into the loop with
my normal bass (or cello) and then add stuff into the loop with my 8
string or fretless, but that kind of stuff is a pain live, I mostly do it
in the studio.

hopes it gives you some ideas....

        Kevin