Re: DJ gear closing in on Loopers Wish List(?)

Roland has a DJ sampler too. In fact there are several of these things on
the market by Alesis, Yamaha and others.

Does anyone on the list have any comments about using these things and how
they compare to delay devices like the EDP for looping?

At 02:11 AM 11/8/98 EST, you wrote:
>From the most recent Sweetwater "InSync" online newsletter:
><<New in stock at Sweetwater Sound: The ultimate new DJ tool, the Sony
MDSDRE1
>has arrived. It's a MiniDisc-based platform with sampling trigger banks
>and
>all sorts of instant looping and scratching features, including the
>obligatory big rubber scratch wheel. Speed and pitch can be adjusted
>independent of one another or together via a very simple dual slider
>mechanism. The neat thing is that with their ATRAC compression technology
>it's easy to record any performance you do right back to a MiniDisc and
>have
>it ready to play instantly - all in real time. An experienced DJ could
>really work some magic with this thing. Retail price $1200.>>
>So, I wonder if it can be controlled with a foot switch?
>dpc

Howard Harawitz      howard@brooknorth.com
Brooklyn North Software Works Inc.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada