Re: Paul Motian's Trioism

Bill is always really slick about his looping.  It's one of those things
that the casual listener might not notice (espically in context of some
of the complex tunes he plays and the fact that he rarely uses 4 bar
loops) if they aren't pointed out.   (This as opposed to say, oh I don't
know. . . Frip?!?)

If you've ever met Bill, I think you'd agree that it would be rare to
find him in a bad mood--especially if he's playing music.  You should
check him out on the Naked City stuff if you've never heard him rage:
It's a side he explores on occasion.  Also check out Power Tools and Marc
Johnson's Bass Desires (Both _Bass Desires_ and _Second Sight_)

Peace,

Doug