Re: [Fwd: [thewire] Unusual Guitar Sounds]+ sustainer

My experience with the E-Bow has been that the pickups in the guitar are
going
to make or break the added analogue synth.  With the GR-30, 50, 10 and the
1
the E-Bow will sometimes not trigger the synthesizer because of placement
of
the E-Bow and possibly the GK-2a (or other like Hex pickup) is not close
enough to the bridge of the guitar.

One problem that I've been running into on my little rig, (a GR-50, Carvin
doubleneck with a gk-2a and an older metal cased E-bow or the plastic one)
is
that the GR-50 will warble/yodel a bit with the power dives or with long
glisses, this seems to be a common problem.  The AXON/Yamaha tend to do
this
more readily, but they do track a little better than the Roland brain boxes
when using a plectrum or your fingers (with the apropos setting, of
course.)

Sorry, that this is not the typical Loop material and is a little more
suited
to Digital Guitar Digest or MIDI Guitar Network's pages.

Tchus,

Lee-ohki.