Re[497]: Group buy Echoplex (ad nauseum)

>>Mike.Biffle@wj.com writes:
>> You wacky loopers! Let's all hold hands in cosmic adoration of each
>other's
>> loop noodles! Gimme a hug!

> Hey Miko,
> Have a bad day at work?
> Jp

Hi John,

While waiting for meaningful dialog, I developed a mild case of Looper's
Tourette's... I *meant* to set sarcasm mode somewhere lower than STUN...
Sorry
if the humor was a little caustic! 8-> Hey!.. Maybe it *is* work, now that
you
mention it.

There have been two or three attempts to begin threads which received no
list
replies. I did get some offline comments, but would have liked to see more
of
the group's opinions... I'll give it one more try.

One post was about motivations and influences outside of music, and how
they
affect our process... (after the LD lit crit thread)

The other post by myself queried about how we can, in several posts,
criticise
Fripp for jamming/improvising without discussing or comparing this work to
other
more succesful attempts by other artists and why they were successful. (or
something like that.)

It seems that *most* of us improvise... some completely, other's not quite
so
much... How do we create meaninful work of this nature which will endure
and
still retain that free spirit?

This query is *NOT* a defense of Fripp... This is an attempt to find
methods to
improvise which will lead to interesting and so-called groundbreaking
music. I
found Derek Bailey's book very interesting and inspiring, but now would
like to
see how other's here deal with the pitfalls of "walking the wire" in
public?

BTW: Thanks for asking, John!

Yours truly,
-Miko Biffle

Miko Biffle                 "Running scared from all the usual
distractions!"
mike.biffle@wj.com