RE: Problem getting Echoplexes

Hi,

RE:
>"Oh they don't make them anymore. We can't get anymore."

Stories like that are a real deterrent to ordering the product. A dealer I
spoke to -- whom I subsequently learned was the Canadian distributor for
Echoplex -- also spoke of unreliable delivery, didn't give me a firm price,
wanted a 10% downpayment (never required on any other product I have
ordered), and urged patience.

I have had either no response, or a negative one, from other dealers that I
have written to -- including 8th Street Music, which was mentioned on this
list. After trying for over a week, I am still unable to find an Echoplex
in stock.

Yet Dino Cattaneo, from Gibson, writes:

>That information is incorrect.  The Echoplex is still made and sold, and
>currently in stock.  If Musician's Friend places an order with us they
>should be able to get one fairly quickly.

Or, more colorfully:

>That's bullshit. Oberheim has them in stock and is shipping to dealers
>regularly. I talked to them about it just the other day.

What gives? Why does there seem to be so much confusion about this?

Can we place a group buy of Echoplexes at a good price -- either from a
dealer or directly from Gibson -- through the list?  Should I pick up a
Lexicon JamMan that I was offered instead?  Buying it would be hassle free
and it would certainly cost less.

Thanks,

Howard