SquarePusher on BBC Radio 3 etc

     Hi all

     This first bit may mainly be of UK-only interest, so apologies, but
     Radio 3's Mixing It (tonight, 12-x-98 10.45pm) is supposed to include
     SquarePusher discussing his new CD. Well, that's what they announced
     last week, but the web site says to expect a session from Tortoise,
so
     either way it might be OK.

     Also fairly UK-centric. A new magazine about computers and music
     called (duh) Computer Music was launched a few weeks ago. Its cover
CD
     features a list of useful URLs including Looper's Delight - world
     domination one step nearer then. It also contains a full copy of
     Cubasis Audio Lite, and a demo of Acid, and as I just got a (proper)
     new PC, its nice to finally see what all that discussion was about.

     For the same reason (new PC) I've been reading all the cover-disc
mags
     (or more accurately trying out all the demos - most of the mags are
     content-free unless you're especially interested in a product
review),
     so not much `real' reading. However, I bought a remaindered copy of
     Idoru, mostly cos Chapter One is entitled Death Cube K, which
reminded
     me of a discussion a while ago about Death Cube K/Buckethead - so who
     anagramised whom, hmm?

     I'm also about to start Ian McEwan's Enduring Love. And just an hour
     ago bought the double CD - Rites - by Jan Garbarek which includes
     something close to block rockin' beats in places - sort of "I shook
up
     the tunes" (oh suit yerself). And another version of "...gray voice".
     But I don't know what it sounds like yet - cos I've go two copies of
     the second CD, and non of the first! Jolly nuisance. Live as it
     happens etc.

     Anyone remember Del Bailey's version of the Lost Chord from the
     compilation album with Fred Frith et al?

     Well that's more than enough so -

     Cheers

     David
     <http://subnet-virtual-pc.com/~or387751>