Re: projeKCt two

In a message dated 10/8/98 8:49:16 AM, a  looperfellow
--or is that fellowlooper ?--
wrote:

>projeKCt two: space groove (Q: what planet are these guys on? A: Zarg -
>
>Music for Spaceports)

With no wish to start anything acrimonious, I must confess that I bought
this
CD, largely on the basis of having read so much about RF here, and about
this
"new" experimental "free" direction for him and his mates in the music
press,
and was actually expecting to be stretched, or at least surprised with
something fresh, if not musically, at least sonically...I got about 3/4 of
the
way thru this SpaceGroove side without spotting anything even slightly out
of
the ordinary and eventually just called it off...it sounded to me
completely
predictable, just aimless fleet-footed fusioneering with an occasionally
annoying bit of pitch-bent quasi-Vibe, standing in for an unmemorable
guitar,
both doing their level best to be totally un-evocative of anything--just
some
guys with instruments in a room making notes to a steady-ish beat...which
I've
heard a few times before. Am I missing anything on the remaining disk--or
did
I fail to detect something fascinating on this one? Is this what a
"Soundscape" is?? .....hope not...
Really, I'm not trying to be offensive to any fripp fans, and hope this
disk
is NOT representative; guess I'm just venting over another $18 spent on
"expectations" that weren't,  and "entertainment" that wasn't...
dpc