RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V98 #154

SNIP

 The unit is
> >generally a bit
> >lo-fi which is why I'm putting my pennies towards an Echoplex rather
> >than buying this unit as a stopgap. There is a continuous
> >frying/vinyl
> >surface noise effect behind everything. I'm sure some would
> >welcome this
> >but it isn't for me. Still for 150 quid is a great unit for
> >experimentation and generally larking about with.
> >Gareth

I found the sound quality to be impressive through headphones, and as
usual I think diligent use of gain\distortion is the key to reducing
noise in these units.

Possibly the foot pedals are close together so you can trigger three
loops with a single foot?
I just slide my foot over and press another pedal while maintaining
pressure on the other pedal\s. It works OK, however the tolerance for
losing playback on a pedal is low when attempting that trick.

I was not going to buy any "small" loopers, because i thought the EDP
would be a much better tool.
However, this ZOOM cost me $300 Australian, has a few decent features,
but an Echoplex would cost me $3000 to get shipped over.
Hardly an option at the moment.

Chalk up one thing living in the US has going for it - much lower
prices\higher wages.
I'm sorry, but I'd like to support the EDP, Kim, but it's not gonna
happen soon.

I may as well stop flapping and go and make some noise with my new toy
then, hadn't I ?