Re: The Moment Of... Excuses?

> This will be "The Moment Of"'s FIRST and LAST gig in the United States.
> Due to various Obscenity laws regarding taste and restraint  recently
> passed in Congress, The Moment Of feels as a group that these shores will
> no longer be a nurturing atmosphere conducive to renegade musical
>concerns
> such as those explored by groups they don't even like, let alone by "The
> Moment Of".

I think this is a crock of shit, basically. If you can't beat 'em -  then
split?  Despite certain congressional reactionaries, there has never been a
higher degree of public acceptance of obscene, absurd, critical or even
revolutionary cutltural content since the invention of government. Are
things
so bad here that 'renegade musical concerns' have to leave?

Sure, there are plenty of other places to live and work where audiences are
more open-minded and radical content can be encouraged. If I had the
chance to
work in this kind of inspiring and inviting atmosphere, I'd go for it, too.
But we still need our domestic cultural dissidents here at home. I hope
"The
Moment Of" are indeed attracted to something different and encouraging, as
opposed to resorting to fleeing the oppressive U.S. government. If the
latter
is truly the case, they are leaving us when we need them most.

-eric p.
los angeles

p.s. if I were in NYC, I'd check it out. I'll spread the word to my
Brooklyn
buddies.