EDP puzzle

Hi Loopers,

My EDP seems to be misbehaving. When I powered it up today, it went
through its LED power-up routine, and finished with digits "198" in the
looptime LED frames, "1L" in the multiple LED frames, and the green
light under the record button. When I push the record button, nothing
happens. When I press the parameters button, all of the button lights
come on green for each parameter, and I get "P1" "P2" "P3" "P4" in the
multiple LED frames with each press of the parameters button, finally
returning to a single green light under the record button, but now the
only alphanumeric readout is "198" in the looptime frames. And it still
won't record.

I have 16mb and LoopIII v5.0. The only thing I have tried is
reinitializing the 'plex. I have never had any problems with this 'plex
in the two years I have had it. I upgraded to v5.0 last Winter with no
problems, just joy.
 Gettin' worried.
Any suggestions? Maybe this only happens on the last day of Summer? Does
this sound like a static electricity related problem? Should I remove
the EDP from my rack, open it up and jiggle some of the chips and stuff?
I hope this is just one of those little problems with an obvious
solution that I have overlooked.

Thanks for your wisdom.

Michael Preston