Re: Home Studio

At 06:29 PM 9/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 9/16/98 11:21:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>dmgraph@earthlink.net writes:
>>
>><< forget the DAT >>
>>

>>I want to be able to create my beats at home, then have a quality copy to
>>transfer over in the studio for vocals and mastering, then come home and
>burn
>>my cds.... is there something that i can do that with besides a DAT?
>
>The "quality copy" could as easily be your own CD.  Whether the studio can
>give you a CD rather than DAT is the question....

I've seen this discussion before on other lists.....I think a lot of
studios
are just DAT-centric, for better or worse. You might want to check with the
studios you expect to work with, but it seems that owning a DAT is still
useful. Eventually, you ought to be able to just transfer files over the
internet, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

kim
Kim Flint, MTS                 408-752-9284
Chromatic Research             kflint@chromatic.com
http://www.chromatic.com