Home Studio

I am getting PISSED with the sound quality of computers and what not... so
am thinking about getting the following things...

1)digital 8 track
2) dat machine
3)standalone CDR
4)ASR-X pro

I make mixtapes, as well as produce beats and emcee...  will this be enough
for quality work from home?  I want to be able to do as much at home as
possible, and have no experience with any of the things I just named...
ANY
ADVICE???  HELP???  IDEAs???  Also, what about microphones and other types
of
cnnections?

peace