Re: Anyine using the Roland S-550 sampler?

Thomas W¿hni wrote:

> Hi gang , I have just discovered that the Roland S-550 sampler is within
>my price-range , secondhand. Can anyone offer some pro`s and con`s for
>this machine.

I use the S-330, which is the same with half the memory.

I love it! You can use a mouse & display - in fact, don't buy one unless
you can get hold of these also.
Sounds great, and the filters are really useful. (filter and amplitude
both have 8 stage envelopes - which of course are graphically editable)
All my work to date (eg. see realaudio at
http://www.collective.co.uk/darkroom/
) uses this sampler.

cheers,
os.