Forever Sharp & Vivid

Hi, folks!

The latest Artist Shop newsletter is out and you'll find it in its entirety
at <http://www.artist-shop.com/news.htm>.  But here's a little excerpt from
it that will be of interest to loopers.

We have an exciting new release available from LoLo Records
<http://www.artist-shop.com/lolorec>, Forever Sharp and Vivid:

DAVID TORN - guitar
CHRIS MASSEY - drums
DAVID CASTIGLIONE - bass clarinet, sax

The music of the newly formed eclectic trio, FOREVER, SHARP & VIVID, is
draped across the influences of jazz and rock by one of the most
accomplished improvising guitarist in the last two decades. DAVID TORN
being
of both worlds, with his amiable exploratory spirit and forever evolving
loop effects, provides the framework for this group which includes fellow
New Yorkers, drummer CHRIS MASSEY and multi-reed player DAVID CASTIGLIONE.
Massey and Castiglione, probing and jabbing like prize-fighters, bob and
weave behind Torn's multiple layers conjuring up ghosts of early Tony
Williams / Bobby Hutcherson experiments or Terje Rypdals "Descendre" era
explorations.

Also, Bon Lozaga of Gongzilla tells me that they are planning a tour of the
midwest to take place in November and/or January.  I have seen nothing but
rave reviews of their performances during their recent east coast tour.
Bon
says they would like to set up gigs as a double bill with local progressive
bands with a strong following.  If you're associated with a venue or local
progressive band that is interested in bringing Gongzilla to your town,
then
drop me a note and I'll forward it to Bon.

Spread the word.

Gary

                          Gary Davis
The Artist Shop                              The Other Road
http://www.artist-shop.com          artshop@artist-shop.com
phone: 330-929-2056                        fax:330-945-4923
              SUPPORT THE INDEPENDENT ARTIST!!!
       Check out the latest Artist Shop newsletter at
            http://www.artist-shop.com/news.htm