From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@annihilist.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 1998 1:49 PM
To: dcattane@gibson.com; pmurphy@gibson.com
Subject: Re: Bernard Purdie.....

At 2:59 AM -0700 8/27/98, Dizfunkt@aol.com wrote:

>you clear the sample, not the drummer (whose name is Bernard Purty, I
belive.
>It'z an absolute sin that he is not in the rock n' roll hall of fame
yet.) It

wow, you reminds me of several times working at namm/frankfurt music
tradeshows, when I had the enormous pleasure to be in the same booth
where
Bernard Purdie was doing demos all day, trading off with Gregg
Bissonette.
God, it was such a pleasure to listen to them! The two of them just
exuded
joy and enthusiasm while they played, even on the fifth day of hell at
frankfurt. And Bernard is just a jaw-droppingly awesome drummer. On top
of
that, he was just so nice a guy, it was something.

you're right, he deserves much more credit. He's done much more than the
funky drummer though, he's one of the top session players in the
world......I think he even has sample CD's available of his playing.

kim