Re: On Talks with Clubowners...

>Stephen P. Goodman wrote:
>Is it just me, or is the word "showcase" being used by the owner to
>describe
>his venue often a warning that This Might Be A Bad Place To Play?  And, is
>it overused?

It would depend just what they're actually showcasing! I'd say it would be
more
of a sign of pride in their particular venue... although they might also
be very
finnicky about just what type of music lives up to the *status* of their
club.

It was interesting to read some of Fripp's talk about the G3 tour... His
statements about "nearly having to pay to play his soundscape stuff" (in
England?) versus being able to play for sold out crowds and be paid well
for it.

-m