Re: Guitar Effects (non-looping content)

In a message dated 8/17/98 10:00:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
steve.lauder@elspa.com writes:

<<
 I've used delays, distortions, compressors, vocoders etc, but at the end
of
 the day you can still recognise the sound as that of a guitar.  I'm after
 something really whacky, and I was after some hints.

 Can anyone offer suggestions?

Something I've found really interesting....

try running a sample of a guitar loop through a filtering system... I use
CoolEdit, so I run stuff through the "ringing 'A's" filter and also through
the "de-noise" filter -what comes out seldom sounds like what went in, but
it
can get really wack....

enjoy.

- Bill