Re: MP3 files into Cubase?? + my Cubase question for today

Thomas,
Once you get Winamp, Here's how to convert MP3 files to WAV :

1. Load up the mp3 file by clicking the little sine wave thing in the upper
   left hand corner and choosing "Play File..."

2. Click the little sine wave again and choose "Options->Preferences".

3. Make sure the "Input" tab is selected and click on "Nullsoft MP2/MP3
   Decoder..." in the "Input Plug-Ins" section and then click "Configure".

4. Click on the "Output" tab and then where it says "Output Device:" use
the
   drop-down menu to choose ".WAV file output (Silent)".

5. It should bring up a little "Browse for Folder" window.  Tell WinAmp
   where to put the output .WAV files.  Once you found the folder you want,
   click on OK.

6. Click on OK to save the changes, then click on OK again to close the
   "Preferences" window.

7. Now when you click "Play" you won't hear anything come out, but it will
   have created a WAV file for you in the directory you specified in step
5.

I have a Cubase question today too....

Here's my problem. I  have my Roland A-33 midi keyboard controller and my
ASRX
samper hooked up to my PC midi flyer and I'm using Cubase. Everything is
hooked
up properly and was working fine (before I disconnected the rig and
installed
the new 2.62 chips).

For some reason, now I'm not getting any sound (or midi data) to the
sampler
when I run it thru Cubase....i.e., it works fine when I depress the
computer-bypass switch on the PC midi flyer, but when it's running thru the
cubase, there's no sound or midi activity at the X.  It's being transmitted
though, as the lights indicate receiving (from the A-33) and sending (to
the
X) on the midi-flyer, and so
do the lights on the Cubase transport bar, but the X midi light indicater
does
not indicate it's receiving. The X does receive perfectly though when I
depress
the bypass switch on the PC midi flyer.

I've reset the devices in cubase (about 10 times), but that did nothing.

Everything was working fine, until I had only briefly disconnected the rig
install the new 2.62 chips in the X. When I hooked it all back up, it's not
receiveing data from Cubase, but then again, it does receive when I bypass
the
computer, which makes me totally confused.

Can anyone help?

Bill Cummings
drums@myself.com