Re: MIDI continuous controller ideas

Mark Hamburg wrote:
> I want one continuous pedal and a set of footswitches that change what
> controller it represents.

The Peavey PC1600 can probably do this.  It has a footpedal
input, as well as switches, and the user can program different
mappings for the footpedal (as well as the 16 sliders).  Then
the only task is to see if the program number can be set using
a footswitch.

> Additionally, I'd like something that allowed me when switching to a
> different controller to specify that I'm endeavoring to raise or lower
>the
> value as an initial operation. That way, the foot controller would only
> "sieze" the value when it passed through the threshold of where the value
> was currently.

The PC1600 definitely can't do this, I'm not sure of the latest
model, the PC1600X, so something like that.  The Deopfer Regelwerk
does have a fader mode to match this.  It is pretty expensive (I'm
guessing 600-800, but has 24 sliders, and an analog-style sequencer.

Jim