FS: Casio 510 Midi guitar (Beauty)

I just got a second Casio that needs some work
so I am selling my better one...

This is the model 510 all black Strat copy guitar in
*excellent* shape. Unlike later 510 and 500 models this
has more solid construction in the electronics (wired to
use two 9vt batteries - Included:)), has two single coil
and one humbucker EMG pickups (gold lettering -not OEM versions),
and  has one volume two tone knobs. The body and pickguard
are jet black and the  neck is Maple with rosewood 22-fret
fingerboard; graphite low-friction nut.

A real Black Beauty this instrument has never gigged
and in fact has never left the studio where it has been
sealed in the lined gig bag since I got it.

For those that aren't aware of the Casio midi Guitar Pro series:

The midi electronics and tracking are far superior to
any of the Roland or Ibanez systems in my experience. It is
the only system that uses a built in midi pickup and simply
has a midi out coming out the bottom as opposed to all the
GK whatever and esoteric cables of the other systems. It's
simply Plug and play with midi.

The Midi implementation is also top notch in features and
construction. Some features:

Octave Switch - small toggle with Normal, +1, -1 allows
you to change octaves right from the guitar.

midi Volume knob- Control right on the guitar that
allows you to adjust the midi volume via CC message.

6 trimpots for tracking -(Adjusts each string individually)

Program change messages - This is the coolest feature IMO.
You toggle to program change mode and hit a note on one of
the first four strings. Each fret corresponds to a specific
program number so you can remotely change patchs on your midi
synth or sound module.

Mono/Poly mode - Allows you to set all strings to operate
on one channel (you set it 1-16) or will let each string send
info on successive midi channels allwoing you to control 6
different channels at once. (ie: First string send on channel 1,
2nd on channel 2, etc..)

There is a lot more and I can send a graphic of the design
and midi section if anyone is interested.

Basically this is the nicest midi guitar I have seen and
in particular this one is in top shape and is the better of
the model 510s as well.  It has a much better feel than the
500 I just got IMO and If you are familiar with these units
then you know it is an excellent "analog" guitar as well.
As a matter of fact I have used it for recording quite a bit
without any midi at all.

more info can be found at this link:
http://people.delphi.com/johnpollock/casmgtr.htm

I paid $400 plus shipping and that's what I'd like to get
out of it. Given recent prices I've seen for lesser instruments
in worse condition i believe that's pretty fair but I'll consider
reasonable offers and certainly trades. A high quality felt
lined gig bag is available separately as well.  Will consider
trades for small or esoteric items, Effects, synths, weird guitars,
and the like. All deals must be confirmed via phone so send your # to
speed things up if you'd like.

Email with any questions or if you'd like to see the diagram.

Thanks!

Legion@voicenet.com

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.