RE: New Problem With PC Sound

GRAIGORY2@aol.com asked:
> I am trying to use a receiver\amp instead of computer
> speakers... i had been previously using one of those
> smaller mini systems (with cd player, radio, and tape
> decks all in one) and that worked fine... now I want to
> use a regular amp.. Any suggestions?

Get a cheap but quiet mixer that can accommodate both MIC and LINE INs.
For
Home, I hook up the line level output from the sound card via a
stereo-miniplug-to-separate-RCA female adapter, to a shielded cable going
the DAT inputs on my receiver.  For shows, I add an inexpensive mixer which
accepts mic/line inputs, and output whatever the venue demands.

On the level of having the systems connected together, I've had a blast
utilizing the various settings offered for speaker configuration in
Windows98.  It's been fun tailoring material Just for the "hooked up" PC,
some parts of which show up as the Loop Of The Week (sorry, couldn't help
it, but it's true).

Stephen GoodmanÊ *Ê It's The Loop Of The Week!
EarthLight StudiosÊ *Ê http://www.earthlight.net/Studios