Re: Multiple loops on the EDP

Andre LaFosse wrote:

> Andreas Willers wrote:
> > The EDP really exploits the basic digital
> > looping setup to the max there!! Too bad You can't weed out Your first
> > (sometimes rhythmic bass riff type) loop from the later parts with
>just one
> > unit - a move that musical buildups often ask for especially with
> > ostinatos.
>
> There are actually several ways to get this *sort* of effect (though I
> don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for).
>
> 1) Use the Undo function to get rid of overdubs made after the initial
> loop.  You may be limited by available memory, number of loops, and how
> many overdubs you make.
>
> 2) Using multiple loops, record your initial loop as the first one, then
> copy just that basic loop to a second loop, and overdub onto that one.
> If you want to strip it back down to the initial loop, simply switch
> back to the first loop.
>
> 3) With QUANTIZE switched off, hit the Multiply button at a specific
> point in a loop and then end the Multiply with Record.  The hits of
> Multiply and Record will dictate the exact start and stop points of a
> new loop, which can be much shorter than the original loop.  This method
> of extracting a shorter segment out of a longer loop is a very useful
> tool, and seems to be seriously underutilized by a lot of users.
>
> --Andre

  These useful tools are what I'd like to see more of. If some sort of
applications manual based on user experiences and other knowledgable
contributions could be compiled, I think it would be a great help to newer
users
who have a difficult time getting a grip on this unit. Hope to see more
tidbits
like these discussed.

Mike