RE: Boomerang/EDP different layout

At 5:33 PM -0700 8/10/98, Liebig, Steuart A. wrote:
>> You could probably do this yourself to an echoplex pretty easily.
>>
>       If I weren't kinda of an electronics dweeb . . . :-)

its more of a mechanical project, not an electronics one. And if I think I
can do it, probably just about anyone can...I'm not really mechanically
inclined, more like mechanically willing. I'm not really sure what all the
tools are called or what you're supposed to do with them, but I'm willing
to give it a few whacks anyway. :-)  sometimes it works out.

>> without the front panel, the rest of the unit is 17 3/8" wide x 6" deep.
>> The width is pretty typical for racks, I think.
>>
>       How much of the box (without the rack ears) is really EDP? In other
>words, could you fit the guts of it into another, smaller box?

it fills the box.

>>  not a bad idea really, I might do that to
>> one of mine.....
>>
>       cool, let us know how that goes. . . I guess that the neo-luddite
>in
>me still wants some knobs tho' . . .

ah, yes, I think we had this conversation. The four knobs on there now, and
the two additional continuous controller variables, and the fact that there
are no other features in the thing that could possibly be controlled with a
knob, doesn't really do it for you. As I recall, what you actually want are
not just knobs, but new features....

kim