re: Floor-based EDP guitarcentric?

>I respectfully point out that this represents "guitar-centric" thinking.
>As a percussionist, I would find a floor based EDP to be extremely
> inconvenient.  I don't have
>a single "workstation" performance area where I can cluster stomp boxes.
>A highly attractive feature of the EDP, to me, is a centralized
>rack-mount
>unit with distributed  footswitches.  Any keyboardists out there?

I'd say it actually represents "pedalboard-istic" thinking.  If most/all
of your tone shaping comes from pedals, a floor-based looper may be more
suitable to your needs.  As a rack-based guitarist, I prefer to put the
expensive thingies where they aren't going to be stepped on, tripped
over, or suffer drink spills.

Travis Hartnett