Re: Loops on Acid

hi all,

i just installed acid on my machine, and i love it.  it's very
intuitive.  it's so easy to get things going in sync, to stretch
different files to the same lengths.

i'd recommend it to any looper.

get a loudness maximizer as your first plug-in, it can really push a
drum loop to the front.

matt

>Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 15:09:06 -0400
>To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
>From: Theatre of the Mind <ngc1275@voicenet.com>
>Subject: Re: Loops on Acid
>
>Hi Andrew,
>I realize this is an old post but I'll respond anyway.
>
>I just puchased the Sonic Foundry Acid program about two months ago and
>am very pleased with it.  I used it in a few performances already.
It's
>very intuitive and user friendly for a pc based system.  I loaded it in
>my laptop so, my setup is very portable.  I basicly cut my setup in
half.

>All the samples I use from my Emax is now being accessed by the Acid
>program as well as my SH-101, MC-202 and any other loops I want to
bring
>into the audio arena.  Basicly, I use the Acid program as a
sampler/looper.
>I sample my sounds into the Acid prog. and then set my loops of the
samples
>were I want them to play.  I can program what seems to be an endless
amount
>of tracks before the performance or during.  You can build as big a
library
>of sounds as your hard drive can hold and access them live while the
>sequence is running.  It's very nice to be able to change pitch and
tempo
>live as well
>without changing the original sample.  Within minutes of loading the
>program into my laptop, I was composing loops and pieces with ease.  I
>haven't even
>mentioned the ability to have plug-ins and FX yet..........!
>
>All and all, I'd say it's a worth while program.  The only thing (I've
heard)
>that is anything like it is a Kurzwiel synth.
>
>Happy looping and sampling,
>
>Mark of b.
>Theatre of the Mind
>
>p.s.  If you want to see me live I'll be performing in Philly at
upstairs
>      at Nick's, 16 So. 2nd Street on September 1st.  PD-5 (Punch
Drunk)
>      will also be performing that night.
>
>==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==
>
>At 11:53 PM 7/14/98 +1000, you wrote:
>>i was wondering whether anyone has used, or is using Acid from Sonic
>>Foundry. i had a crack at the demo and found it extremely intuitive to
use.
>>however, it's price tag is less intuitive. can't seem to invoke a
response
>>from my wallet.
>>
>>i would be interested to know whether anyone has purchased it and what
>>their experience with it has been. i do a lot of collage based work,
so
>>fast and intuitive interfaces tend to make this process much faster
and
>>easier. i just need to be convinced that software like Acid is worth
the
>>expense.
>>
>>andrew

The price I pay for free, private email is the following commercial
message...