Re: footpedal question

I don't mean to be unfair, but when I look at the EDP itself priced at
about $700 and the pedal
priced at $125, something seems out of wack.  Please understand, I'm glad
I bought a pedal with
my first EDP.  I'm also glad I didn't buy a pedal for my second one.  I
need a minimum of three
pedals when I play out as I'm a percussionist and have instruments all
over the place.
Otherwise, I have to move the pedals from instrument to instrument during
a piece.  Five pedals
work out much better but I couldn't see paying $625 for them.  The price
of the pedal doesn't
encourage using more than one, unless you build them yourself.  I'd rather
support Oberheim by
buying another EDP, it seems a better value.  The design of the pedal is
very good (I'd say
brilliant).  I LOVE being able to use a conventional two-conductor cord.
The construction, I
feel, falls somewhat short.  Within 3 months, I had to replace the RECORD
button on my original
pedal and I'm NOT an animal on my switches.  I play in my bare feet to
have a better touch.

Sorry if I'm flaming on this issue.