Software vs Hardware on Stage

Kim:

Thanks for that very informed reply to my hopeful/wishful thoughts on the
evolution of computers as reliable stage tools.  It reminds me of a
situation a couple of years ago when I had to go back to an old SE30
running System 6.08 and Performer 4.2.  The system was Fast and NEVER
crashed.  And knowing how often this 1400 crashes...but I still take it on
stage, but only to be ready for data back-ups for all the stage synths,
samplers etc. and to generate an occasional click track.  So far so good
for those uses but runnning Max is  much more computerintensive and I
imagine MSP even more so.  Guess I'll be sticking to all the old modules.

Paul Dresher