Looping Techniques

I have been searching for new looping techniques that I could use to
freshen
my loops with little or no cash outlay.  Here are the techniques I came up
with:

TECHNIQUE 1 - RECORDING THE ELEMENTS OF A LOOP

I always improvise my loops.

However, one day it occurred to me that if I heard a recording of one of my
completed loops, I would have a very difficult time to duplicating it.

This caused me to consider taking a line from my signal path just before it
goes to my JamMan and patching it into one of the channels on my
multi-track
recorder.  This would make it simple to hear each element that made up the
loop without hearing the entire loop. (Of course, I would also run a line
from my JamMan into another channel on my multi-track recorder.)

TECHNIQUE 2 - RE-LOOPING

After I have recorded the elements of a loop using TECHNIQUE 1, above, I
thought it would be interesting to feed it into my rig, re-process it with
different effects and run it into my JamMan with different delay time and
feedback settings.

Has anyone employed these techniques?  Does anyone have other techniques to
offer?

Thanks,
Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com